uc davis advising services can help you with career preparation, academic planning and successfully navigating through your four years as an undergraduate student.
new student advising
before you enroll for your first classes, summer orientation advisors help you establish a strong foundation for your academic journey. they will help you create a plan, learn about academic milestones and teach you how to find resources to help you along the way.
advisors in your academic college guide you through the requirements of your major, help you overcome any academic hurdles and work with you to maximize your experience with opportunities that can position you for a successful start to your career.
- your major advisor will help you plan out the coursework needed to complete your degree. contact information for advisors in every major is included on our majors pages.
- your college advisor in the dean's office will provide you with comprehensive advising that can help you with general education and college requirements, academic issues and making sure you're on track to graduate.
- peer advisors have been trained to help you plan your course schedule, understand academic requirements and find the resources that will keep you moving along on your way to your diploma.
advisors in the office of educational opportunity and enrichment services (oeoes) and academic assistance and tutoring centers take a holistic approach to your college experience, helping you address specific needs like time management, tutoring, personal challenges and career guidance. these and other resources that can provide guidance include:
- ab540 and undocumented student center
- cross cultural center
- educational opportunity program
- first generation initiative
- internship and career center
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual resource center
- mcnair scholars program
- student health and wellness center
- student housing first-year experience program
- student recruitment and retention center
- transfer reentry veterans center
- undergraduate research center
- women's resources and research center
- myucdavis integrates your academic information with tools and resources in one convenient and secure location.
- sisweb (student information system) is where you will enroll in classes, view and adjust your class schedule, print your unofficial academic record, change your address, view your financial aid and manage your campus accounts.
- canvas provides course management and collaboration tools that allow you to host websites, plan events, share files, organize student groups, host study sessions and work together on projects.